There are drains everywhere in your home or business, which means a lot of opportunities for clogs to form. Sometimes, when you drain water out of a sink or down a floor drain, you may just walk away without thinking anything about it until it backs up. If you do notice a drain is running slow or not working at all, it may be time to opt for professional drain cleaning.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
The following are signs that your drains need to be cleaned:
1. Nothing is moving down the drain at all. This means it’s completely clogged. As tempting as it is to try to put something down the drain to fix it yourself, this could cause damage to the piping.
2. The toilets are suddenly overflowing. Either the toilet drain is clogged, or it’s a sign of a much bigger problem.
3. Slow draining means the drain isn’t completely clogged, but it’s almost there.
4. Water backing up into sinks means that there is a blockage further down the drain. There could be damage to the drainage system or a small object in the drain.
5. Smelling something foul is a sign that old food and hair particles are trapped in the drain. It is also possible for rodents to make their way into drains.
If you notice any of the above, then you need a licensed North Carolina plumber to help you. Although drain cleaning may seem cut and dry, you would be amazed to know that there are many times that surprises happen and the problem isn’t at all what it seems.